Третья мировая война 1946 - Красная волна - Сталин атак впервые - Альтернативная история

Третья мировая война 1946 - Красная волна - Сталин атак впервые - Альтернативная история
В прямом эфире на Smashwords - 75% Off until Sept. 9

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Swain's Barber Shop

Swains Barber Shop
Ponder, TX
9:04 am


Hey Joe what do ya know?


That gets real irritating after the first 10 years Ralphie!

Ha, that’s why I do it. Well look who’s here the war hero. Hey Mr. Murphy how is civilian life treating you? All the girls flocking to touch your metals? Say kidding aside I really do want to thank you for what you did over there. Medal of Honor and all that. Pretty amazing. It must have been rough?

It was just luck of the draw Ralphie. Just luck of the draw.

I suppose. The bullet with your name on it just wasn’t made. I’m old enough now to join up. You think this dust up with the Reds will last long. I mean can’t we just bomb em to hell with our abombs?

I suspect we would have done it already Ralphie. I’m afraid there is bad news that we were just discussing when you busted in here. Walter Winchell is talking about a bombing raid that didn’t turn out so good. He’s claiming that we lost an abomb and most of the bombers were shot down. He says his sources tell him the Reds have some kind of German Wonder Weapon for shooting down our bombers.


Man, you’re kidding right? That’s just terrible news Mr. Murphy. What’re we going to do about it?

Well Ralphie I’m joining up again. It looks like I have to show them how it’s done again.

If you’re joining Mr. Murphy so am I! We’ll show em a thing or two together won’t we Mr. Murphy?

I suppose you are old enough Ralphie but you better talk it over with your parents.

Can I go with you to the recruiting office Mr. Murphy? It would sure be an honor to be with you when we sign up.

All right it’s a deal Ralphie but you have to talk to your parents first.

Oh alright but don’t sign up without me OK Mr. Murphy. Promise me now. Don’t sign up without me.

OK Ralphie I promise.

You sure you want to do this Audie? You’ve done your part. Maybe it’s time someone else stepped up for a change.

I thought about that long and hard Joe. I think we have to get this over right fast and us Vets are the fastest way to get this done. The government spent lots of time and money into training us to kill Nazis and Nips. I guess that same training can be used to kill Reds too. Don’t worry we’ll probably be used for desk jobs and young guys like Ralphie will do the actual fighting. I suspect our experience makes us Vets pretty valuable for training these gungho youngsters who missed the last one. We’ll see but I do know that we have to take these guys real serious and it’s going to be a hard fight ahead of us. I don’t give a rats ass about the Germans but I got real fond of the French and Brits and it just doesn’t seem right that we leave em in a lurch and run away with our tail between our legs. As I see it this Stalin is maybe even worse than Hitler and I just can’t see us lying down and letting him undo everything we fought for. One dictator is the same as another. Besides if we leave him alone he’ll figure out a way to attack us I’m sure. From what I read he hates our way of freedom and the way we do business. Well I happen to like it myself and I’m going to see that we keep on keeping on.

Flash

dit dit dot dit dot dit dot dot

Good evening Mr. and Mrs. America from border to border and coast to coast and all the ships at sea. Let's go to press.

America’s greatest hero is going to show us how to do it again. Audie Murphy has re-enlisted and wants all the vets out there to join him.

According to Murphy “One dictator is the same as another. Besides if we leave Stalin alone and let him sit there in Paris… he’ll figure out a way to attack us I’m sure. From what I read he hates our freedom and the way we do business. Well I happen to like the way we do business and I’m going to see that we keep on keeping on.”

Amen Audie Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment