Третья мировая война 1946 - Красная волна - Сталин атак впервые - Альтернативная история

Третья мировая война 1946 - Красная волна - Сталин атак впервые - Альтернативная история
В прямом эфире на Smashwords - 75% Off until Sept. 9

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Toulouse Eye Witness

Eye witness report
September 5th, 1946
Jean-Pierre Fontaine
Farmer
Toulouse France

Our agents were able to find a survivor of the Toulouse raid and after several hours they were able to acquire some useful information. The following are the events in Mr. Fontaine’s words translated into English.

It was early in the morning and I was tending to the cows. There had been many air fights over the past weeks so I didn’t think anything of it when I first heard many aircraft engines. Then the noise was joined by a very odd sound like a low rumble and I started to scan the sky for the source of the noise.

Pillars of fire were erupting from the place where Dubois used to farm. It had been taken over by the Russians about a week ago and Dubois was put in jail. The then we heard the roar of many, many American bombers and fighter planes along with hundreds of jets and Russian fighters.

Never had I seen such numbers before.

The battle was much lower in the sky than usual so it was easier to see what was happening. The pillars of fire turned out to be rockets. Once they left the ground and flew for a few seconds they seemed to be under the control of the devil. They streaked straight for the American bombers. It was uncanny how they managed to hit the bombers destroying them instantly. The ones that hit seemed to have a mind of their own.

There were about 30 rockets and many hit bombers but the brave Americans kept on flying in formation even with huge gaps in their numbers they still kept on coming. Meanwhile the fighters from each side dueled and died. I saw 2 dozen planes crash myself.

Then the bombs started to fall. They came down like a curtain and they just rolled along exploding and gradually getting closer and closer to Toulouse. As I said their were many gaps in the formation so the curtain was not perfect and gaps appeared where no bombs fell while right next door the whole neighborhood was destroyed but small untouched patches of houses were not touched directly.

My farm is on the East side of Toulouse and the bombers started to bomb from the West. At first it looked like we were to be spared but alas it was not to be.

Note: Mr. Fontaine’s entire family was killed and his farm destroyed.

The noise was beyond description and in fact my ear drums burst shortly after the bombs reached my farm. All I could do was to stand and watch in horror as my whole life…my family disappeared from this earth. I was knocked to the ground and lost consciousness.

When I awoke there was utter silence. I could not even hear my heart beating. I thought I was dead. Then I opened my eyes and saw the hell that was my farm. I fought in the first great war and spent time in the trenches. It was like awaking in a nightmare. I was transported back to no-man’s land once again. Nothing moved for miles. I will never forget the nightmare that my life has become.

No comments:

Post a Comment