Третья мировая война 1946 - Красная волна - Сталин атак впервые - Альтернативная история

Третья мировая война 1946 - Красная волна - Сталин атак впервые - Альтернативная история
В прямом эфире на Smashwords - 75% Off until Sept. 9

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Diary of Burt Post Sept. 6th, 1946


Heard from Uncle Frank over in Michigan. He's been visiting with my sister. Detroit is really starting to gear up for war again. I guess the workers are finally getting the picture that this war is for real and Old Joe Stalin is not the nice Uncle we were lead to believe. No more strikes.

I personally hope we don't us the A-bomb on them. The pictures that came out of Japan just before this last war were mind numbingly gruesome. I guess conventional war is just as bad or worse but at least you can save some of the children and women who have done nothing wrong but to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. I can't believe our military has show such restraint.

From what I read the plan was to cut back on the ground forces and bomb whoever attacked us with our super bombers and A-bombs. So far I've heard nothing about our bombing campaign. There is a rumor that one raid was tried and went horribly wrong. I wonder what it was?

Walter Winchell is basically ignoring the war. He is concentrating on Hollywood gossip.  I bet it gets him in trouble some day. That Edward Murrow is doing some interesting reporting. Too bad Ernie Pyle got killed. It is so interesting to hear Murrow reporting from across the oceans live from thousands of miles away. It sounds like the Soviets are making steady progress through the Pyrenees. Losing Spain will be a devastating development.

I hope Truman and Ike are thinking hard on a solution. Things are looking pretty grim right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment