Третья мировая война 1946 - Красная волна - Сталин атак впервые - Альтернативная история

Третья мировая война 1946 - Красная волна - Сталин атак впервые - Альтернативная история
В прямом эфире на Smashwords - 75% Off until Sept. 9

Friday, July 13, 2012

Diary of Burt Post Sept. 17th, 1946

Sales increased again. People are buying paper like never before. Just read an article that the population in the US will reach 165 million by 1990 and then decline. Came from the census bureau. They must know if anyone. I wonder why it would decline?

You know the fighting in Europe sure doesn't make the news as much as WWII. I guess we're all tired of it. Bad attitude to take if you ask me. Those Reds are more of a threat than the German's I think but then again maybe not. It could just be another way of running a government. I don't suppose I could get a copy of that Marx guys writing in this day and age. They probably have censored all that kind of thinking. Capitalism has been good to me since there were some limits put on it by the unions and Teddy Roosevelt. No more Robber Barons for us. Those days are over. Thank God the unions are too strong for that to happen again. Some people call the unions communist. Well if that's so then that kind of communism is what we need. I heard that deaths in the coal mines were down again this year and child labor laws are a god send.

Senator Taft and a congressman named Hartley are trying to pass a bill that would greatly curtail the unions. Sounds pretty draconian to me. I guess Truman is fighting against it and calls it a threat to freedom of speech. This will be a battle to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment