Третья мировая война 1946 - Красная волна - Сталин атак впервые - Альтернативная история

Третья мировая война 1946 - Красная волна - Сталин атак впервые - Альтернативная история
В прямом эфире на Smashwords - 75% Off until Sept. 9

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Diary of Burt Post Sept. 25th, 1946


Just read that prices increased by 12% this year. My salary sure didn't  The way prices are going up, I don’t know if we’ll ever be able to save enough to buy that new radio. I looked at them again on my lunch hour. The salesman showed me the inside. It was full of glowing tubes. I was just wonderful. He told me that if one of the tubes burned out you just went to the hardware store and buy another. They even have testing machines to see if your tube is bad.

I don’t think the war bond drives are going very well. No one has the money to buy them. The cost of food is going up and the taxes have to stay high to pay for the war its kind of a no win situation. Plus there’s the fact that many just can’t see the sense in bailing out the French again much less the German’s. I’m sure we won’t let Britain fall. If the British navy and the US navy can’t keep the Reds on their side of the channel then nothing can. I just wrote “their” side. Already its starting to seep into our consciousness. “Their” side, not occupied France or Denmark or even Germany. How fast change becomes the normal. I’m going to work on that. Its not “theirs”. It belongs to the people of Western Europe and we have to give them the chance to choose once again.

Can you imagine being in occupied France? Once again occupied by a foreign power. I must be almost unbearable. I guess that’s why the guy DeGaul did what he did. He just couldn't take it anymore. Just couldn't see his country raped one more time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment