Третья мировая война 1946 - Красная волна - Сталин атак впервые - Альтернативная история

Третья мировая война 1946 - Красная волна - Сталин атак впервые - Альтернативная история
В прямом эфире на Smashwords - 75% Off until Sept. 9

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

"Reversal of Fortunes" by Ranger Elite

Home Front in WWIII 1946


1400
Office of the Commandant of the
United States Marine Corps,
Marine Barracks at Eighth & I Streets,
Washington, D.C., U.S.A.


Colonel James Roosevelt entered the room and removed his cover, standing straight at attention “Reporting as ordered, Commandant!” “Please, have a seat, Colonel” he was directed by Lieutenant General Alexander Vandergrift to the uncomfortable-looking chair before his desk. “Do you have any idea why you've been called directly to the Commandant's office, Colonel Roosevelt?” asked Vandergrift “No, sir. I was not told why my presence was requested, only that it was, Commandant.”

An uncomfortable look passed between them, and finally, it came out: “You've been summoned here because you will be served a subpoena very shortly, to appear before the United States Senate's Un-American Activities Commitee. Son, you've been denounced by some of your subordinates and brother officers as a subversive, sympathetic to the communist cause. I want to hear it directly from you. I owe you that much, before I am forced to feed you to that particular pack of jackals.” A stunned look appeared across Roosevelt's face, and as quickly as the look appeared, it was replaced by the infamous poker-face, no doubt a trait he picked up from his father.

“Commandant, in my own defense, I cannot effectively defend myself against such spurious charges unless I know the nature of the grievance. At this time, for the record, I would like to tell you, sir, that even though, like my father, I support social reform, at no time have I ever espoused or supported the position of Soviet-style communism, nor the means that it uses to advance its cause.” Roosevelt takes a deep breath and continues “In fact, sir, I categorically repudiate international communism, and those who use it as a guise for their own cults of personality. Not withstanding, the fact that I have been associated with, and in the presence of, people who have admired this system, this should not be indicative of my own opinion, or frame of mind, in regard to the subject.” “That's quite a powerful statement on the subject, James. I want you to report directly to the Judge Advocate General's office at Quantico, to prepare your statements for the hearing. I want your testimony to be beyond reproach. We have two weeks until the hearing; can you be ready, son?” Asked Vandergrift “Gung-ho, Commandant” Roosevelt replied with a smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment